My Blog List

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blog about Twitter

I have never had a Twitter account before, because I never found it necessary, because I have Facebook. I do like it, but the words limit drives me crazy. 140 words is not even close to enough to what I want to Tweet about. For example; I wanted to write more about the article that I read and I couldn't. The good side of this however, is that it allowes people to express their feeling and complete the senetence in a short thought. Blackboard allowes us to view post more clearily and we can write longer essays, but on the other hand i Think Twitter can make an impact on the shy classmates who feel intimidated to ask a question on blackboard. There are also more feedbacks from others and the dicussion is free and more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Twitter is more like instant messages or text messages to each other or whoever in the world. Responses are instant over the web compared to BlackBoard. When comparing Twitter discussions to in class discussions, responses are pretty quick and almost as interactive but on opposite ends of the spectrum. Twitter would be over the Internet while in class is face to face.

    You'll get use to the word limit. I have never used Twitter before until this class. It is quite easy to use and it is fun to follow people that share the same interest as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your advice. I guess if you use something more often you get used to it. Maybe the word limit was exactly what the founders of Twitter wanted. Maybe they didn't want any long and boring essays, just fun and simple updates. I see the point of it now.

    ReplyDelete